Sunday, August 30, 2015
Things to be happy/grateful for:
Learning how to change my mindset and consciously turn negative thoughts into positive ones.
Breaking down The Six Pillars of Self Esteem (Nathaniel Branden) and working on them everyday. (listed below)
Great Hibachi food
Red Velvet Cake
Friends who call or come when you've gone into hiding too long :)
Pictures painted on canvas
The Six Pillars of Self Esteem by Nathaniel Branden
1) Living Consciously
5) Living Purposefully
6) Personal Integrity
Sunday, August 23, 2015
"Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance." Eckhart Tolle
Things to be Happy/Grateful for this week:
Getting six Nicholas Sparks books and sharing them and reading a few.
Pink Sands scented candles.
Safe travel for my loved ones.
A good antipasto.
English muffin sandwiches.
Buying a present early and holding on to it for a special person in my life.
"It is what it is" :)
Seeing the squirrels eating cobs of corn.
Timers on ovens.
The movie Boyhood.
Thursday, August 20, 2015
1) Meditate-even if it's for a minute or two. Often, I listen to a downloaded(free) meditation app. on my phone at night and while falling asleep.
2) Take a walk, it does not have to be an hour even 20 minutes would be beneficial.
3) Call a friend or family member.
4) When you wake up or go to sleep think about 10 things that you are grateful for such as having a comfortable place to sleep, food to eat, people to call or see...you get the point.
5) Check out the Sunrise or Sunset.
6) If possible, spend time by the shoreline and take in the vastness of the ocean.
7) Cook something that smells good and share a meal with others.
8) Reach out to someone less fortunate.
9) Look high up in the trees and see the birds and nests.
10) Go to the grocery store and look at all the abundance of food available to you.
Tuesday, August 18, 2015
It is through gratitude for the present moment that the spiritual dimension of life opens up.~Eckhart Tolle
Things to be happy/grateful for this week:
The New Jersey Shore Beaches
Really getting into youtube lately-mostly inspirational videos
Learning that I only want to sell stuff on ebay that's easy to ship
Getting back on an early morning wake-up time(4:30am or 5:00am)
James Taylor CD's
Increasing my meditation times
My amazing, wonderful, inspirational daughter who just became certified in PIYO-check her out at Miss Fit ML on Facebook.
Meals that are easy to cook
If you like chicken and don't mind drumsticks:
Bake drumsticks at 350 for 30 minutes. Take out of oven apply hot sauce of choice on both sides. Put back in the oven and cook for another 50 minutes. Serve with blue cheese dressing. We have been making these, they are like oversized buffalo wings and the meat is very tender. So easy!